Drive Wire for September 15th, 2016: Mercedes-AMG Debuts Two AMG GT Roadsters
Topless brawlers from ze Germans? Yes, please.
Today on Drive Wire, Mercedes-AMG is adding two powerful convertibles to the rapidly-expanding AMG GT family. Earlier this summer, Mercedes-AMG unveiled the 577-horsepower, class-topping AMG GT R in England. During that launch, they hinted several new AMG GTs were on the near horizon. Yesterday, news officially broke that there would be a GT Roadster and a GT C Roadster. Both will feature the same 4.0-liter bi-turbo V-8 found in the GT R, though detuned to 469-horsepower in the GT and 550-horsepower in the GT C. Both will put up sub-four zero-to-sixty rips, and the GT C shares more of the GT R's DNA than the GT, meaning it's more track-focused. For more, check out the above video.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 14th, 2016: Did Bad Tires Cause The Carrera GT Crash That Killed Paul Walker?According to Matt Farah, old tires were the leading factor in Paul's death.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 14th, 2016: Denise Mueller Sets Speed Record on a BicycleDrafting behind a Range Rover SVR, Mueller was able to hit 147 mph.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 13th, 2016: Ken Block and Hoonigan Release Gymkhana 9A 600-horsepower Ford Focus RS RX travels to Buffalo, New York to wreak havoc.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 12, 2016: Tesla Debuts its 2nd Generation of AutoPilot, the Tesla AutoPilot 8Slow in, fast out. Tesla's AutoPilot 8 will use fleet learning for “curve speed adaptation.”READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 12, 2016: Peugeot Plans to Launch Direct Competitor to UberThe beleaguered manufacturer believes a proprietary rideshare service can help turn the brand around.READ NOW