Drive Wire for August 9th, 2016: London Cop Nailed for Speeding in Wrongly-Impounded Lamborghini
Even the coppers aren't exempt from speeding tickets.
Today on Drive Wire, The Drive has an update on a story we covered earlier this summer of this year about London police impounding a Lamborghini and purportedly taking it for a joyride. After police confiscated a white Lamborghini Huracan belonging to a rental car agency called City Supercars outside Heathrow Airport on June 2 for allegedly having a problem with its insurance, the car's owner claimed the cops took it for a spin, going as fast as 60 miles per hour in a 30 mph zone. But now, London's Metropolitan Police have announced that the two officers involved in the wrongful confiscation of the supercar are facing the consequences of their actions. For more on this story, check out the video above.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 8th, 2016: Europe's First Autonomous Vehicle Track Day AnnouncedEngland's Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground will host the first event before moving onto France and Austria.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 8th, 2016: Japan Approves Cars Without MirrorsUsing video cameras instead could provide fuel economy and safety benefits.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 5th, 2016: Driver Claims Tesla Model S Crashed While on AutopilotThe incident, from a Chinese highway, was captured on camera.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 4th, 2016: BMW Restores Elvis Presley's 507 For Pebble BeachTwo years of comprehensive work after forty years of decay and the Fifties sportscar looks mint again.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 3rd, 2016: EPA and Automakers Clash Over 2025 Fuel Economy StandardsCar companies insist the rule could force them to build models customers don't want.READ NOW