Drive Wire for July 28, 2016: Will Jaguar Take the Fight to the Tesla Model S and Model X?
New report suggests JLR could add two sleek luxury EVs to the lineup.
On today's installment of Drive Wire, The Drive discusses a new report claiming that Jaguar may take on Tesla with two electric cars—a sleek battery-powered sedan and a bold electric SUV that would square off nicely against Elon Musk's Model S and Model X. According to Automobile, instead of continuing to try and take on the big guns of the traditional automotive luxury world, Jaguar might replace the XJ sedan with an electrically-powered four-door coupe, then supplement the F-Pace SUV with a similarly-powered sport-ute. Unfortunately, JLR's reported decision to go after Elon Musk and his tech-laden luxury cars may be coming at a cost—one that would be especially painful for gear heads. But you'll have to watch the video to find out what that cost would be.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 27, 2016: FCA's 75-Month Run of Sales Growth Was Actually Just 40 MonthsUnder revised rules for tabulating results, the sales streak ended in 2013.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 26, 2016: Don't Expect an Electric Porsche 911 Anytime SoonProduct chief says such a car would be plagued with too many disadvantages.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 25, 2016: GM to 'Step Back' on New Technologies, Including AutonomyGlobal automotive powerhouse may delay its anticipated Super Cruise system in the face of the Tesla Autopilot controversy.READ NOW
- RELATEDWeekly Wire for July 22: Tesla’s “Master Plan,” FCA’s Suspect Sales Numbers and Fernando Alonso’s Gripes With F1Tesla is seemingly shooting from the hip (again), FCA might be screwed (again), and Alonso is oh-so-bored.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for July 21, 2016: Russian Spies Banished to Siberia for Hooning Mercedes G-WagensRolling deep in blacked out pricey SUVs; good for rich folks, bad for covert spies.READ NOW