Good news from Volvo, who are launching a new version of their impressive XC90. It’s called the T5 and the great part is the price, which starts at 44,000, five grand less than the previous cheapest version. Of course, for that you get a little less – five seats instead of seven, and front-wheel drive instead of all. The T5 also has the smallest motor, a 250-horse turbo four. But that’s all many people really need, and if the price helps get you into this handsome thing, that’s great! You can always add all-wheel drive for an extra 2,000. In this case, less is more for a lot of folks.
- RELATEDThe Volvo XC90 Practices Safe, SexilyWith a come-hither platform, this slick Swede is a left-field candidate for SUV of the year.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Volvo Shows Off Its New Auto-Pilot SystemREAD NOW
- RELATEDVideo: How Many Puppies Fit In a 2016 Volvo V60 Polestar?We had to get into fractions—don’t ask how.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Volvo May Be Prepping Powerful Polestar XC90READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: 2017 Volvo S90 Will Have Semi-Autonomous Driving ModeREAD NOW