Drive Wire: Hendricks Is Developing a Jeep Wrangler for the Military
NASCAR powerhouse Hendrick has developed a prototype Jeep Wrangler that’s fit for military use. They’re calling it the Hendrick Commando. The most significant modification is a 2.8 liter diesel 4-cylinder engine that meets military fuel standards, meaning it can run on JP8 jet fuel if necessary. Of course the design can also accommodate everything else necessary from radio equipment to gun mounts. If Hendrick gets the contract, the commando would enjoy the benefits of manufacturer platform support. We’d just enjoy seeing Jeep come full-circle and back in military service again.
- RELATED12 Military Vehicles That Will Knock Winter On Its AssIn the hot zone, and beating the crap out of the cold.READ NOW
- RELATEDSeven Military Vehicles You Can (And Should) Actually BuyLove the machinery of death? Go buy some at an auction.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Jeep Reveals Wrangler Unlimited Red Rock EditionREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: The Rhino XT Is An Armored Jeep WranglerREAD NOW
- RELATEDHow Much Air Can One Get in a Willys Jeep?Enough to scare an Army cadet.READ NOW