Drive Wire: Mini Is Adding All-Wheel Drive To The Clubman
Mini has announced that it’s adding all-wheel drive to the Mini Clubman. The system, which they’re calling All-4, is front-biased, sending power to the rear wheels only when it’s needed, such as during bad weather or high-speed situations. And speaking of high speed, Mini claims a Clubman S with All-4 gets to 60 in 6.6 seconds, which is a couple tenths faster than the front-wheel-drive model. That said, we’d like to point out that yes, it’s still too big for our tastes.
- RELATEDMini Clubman Is Largest Mini Ever, and One of the BestPacking a sizeable party behind those barn doors.READ NOW
- RELATEDMini Cooper Convertible Is All-New, Still Not a MiataHow to top the best sub-$30,000 convertible on the planet? You don’t.READ NOW
- RELATEDMini Google Street View Camera, World’s Largest Model RailwayWatch the tech giant’s latest capture the incredible in 1:87 scale.READ NOW
- RELATEDMini’s Fashion Collaboration Is CringeworthyIs the new corporate direction privileging haute couture over horsepower?READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Cheap, Riotous World of Mini-Motorcycle Racing: An IntroductionThe Drive drags knee at an M1GP training session. Epic battles, and crashes, ensue.READ NOW