Drive Wire: Powerful New Lincoln Continental Debuts in Detroit
In long-awaited American sedan news, the all-new Lincoln Continental is here, debuting at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this week. There’s two main pieces of news, the first is the engine, a twin-turbo V-6 making 400 horsepower and 400 foot-pounds of torque, so the new Continental will move pretty effortlessly, unlike its boat-like predecessor. The other big development is the interior, which is quite striking, plus we hear the 30-way “perfect position” seats are almost offensively comfortable. For both reasons we’re looking forward to our seat time in the first really new Lincoln in a long time.
- RELATEDIs the Lincoln Continental a Real Audi Rival?An iconic nameplate returns at Detroit. But is it enough?READ NOW
- RELATEDGenesis May Be the Strongest Brand at the 2016 Detroit Auto ShowWho, you say?READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire at CES: BMWThe Drive's Mike Guy chats with BMW's Marcus Behrendt about iVision Future.READ NOW
- RELATEDMeet the Most Powerful Lincoln EverCan this hot rod MKZ, and its new twin-turbo V-6, save the brand?READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire at CES: Autonomous Driving PanelWatch as a collection of minds talk autonomous driving and what it's going to look like by the end of the decade.READ NOW