Kia Opens 'Stinger Salon' Exhibits to Teach People About Its New Performance Car
These interactive showcases will let visitors learn all about the new Stinger.
The all-new 2018 Kia Stinger GT isn't your typical sporty econobox and has the specs to prove it. However, Kia is struggling to get America (and the rest of the world) to forget the badge's connotations and see the Stinger and Stinger GT for what they really are—capable performance sedans. Its latest strategy involves opening Stinger Salons at various shopping centers across America to showcase the Stinger's vision and performance.
These "salons" are interactive exhibits that detail the history of the Kia Stinger, from the 2011 concept car to it's extensive Nurburgring testing. The experience centers utilize video displays and virtual reality like HoloLens to explain design aspects and performance features of the Stinger.
They also discuss Kia's move towards a luxury image. “Stinger is a dream car and as we usher in a new era for the Kia brand we are doing something different to show people just how far Kia has come with a true gran turismo that has a faster top speed and zero to 60 time than a Porsche Panamera [sic]," said Saad Chehab, Kia's vice president of marketing communications.
Kia invites anyone and everyone to visit the salons, from skeptical car people (like us) to those who know nothing about the brand. "Whether you are a diehard enthusiast or a curious onlooker who has heard the buzz about the Stinger and Kia’s industry-leading quality, our salons are designed to take visitors on a journey and explore what makes the Stinger such a unique and special offering," explained Chehab.
While these may sound like glorified showrooms, Kia actually can't sell any of its cars at the Stinger Salons, it's purely an informative exhibit. The first three salons are open at the Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, Maryland, Old Orchard Mall in Skokie, Illinois, and Westchester Mall in White Plains, New York. Kia also plans to open more salons in early 2018 at the Domain in Austin, Texas, Mall of Georgia in Buford, Georgia, Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara, California, and Irvine Spectrum in Irvine, California.
- RELATEDThe Kia Stinger GT Is the Quickest 0-60 MPH Car Kia Has Ever MadeKia's premium twin-turbo sedan lays down the numbers quicker than expected.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2018 Kia Stinger Will Cost $52,595 Fully-LoadedWould you pay over fifty large for a Kia?READ NOW
- RELATEDRejoice, the Kia Stinger Might Get a V8 OptionIf the rumor is true, it sounds like eight cylinders will be a U.S.-only option for Kia's new sport sedan.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Kia Stinger Lay Waste to its Rear TiresWatch the rear-wheel-drive Kia do its rear-wheel-drive thing.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to the 2018 Kia Stinger Rev Its Heart OutHow does Kia's fastest-accelerating car sound?READ NOW