Playboy-Themed 1972 Dodge Charger with a NASCAR Engine For Sale on eBay
This is a very rare opportunity to own a car with Playboy valve covers.
The values of classic Mopar muscle cars have been going through the roof in recent years. Usually, the cars closest to their original condition are the most valuable, but here’s a 1972 Dodge Charger that’s nowhere near its original self that’s sitting on eBay with a starting bid of $99,950. As of this writing, there are zero bids on the car and the reserve has not yet been met. The eBay listing says this Playboy-themed Charger was commissioned to be designed by artist Richard Phillips and was built by Flordia auto shop Serig Designs.
Where to begin with what makes this Charger special? For starters, it has a NASCAR engine. Specifically, a 358 cubic-inch Dodge R5-P7 V8 built by Arian Martinez at All Out RPM Racing Engines in Cutler Bay, Florida. The engine has been rebuilt with a lower compression making it suitable for street use. The eBay listing claims it makes 790 horsepower and has a redline of 9,800 rpm. It has a Tremec T5 five-speed manual transmission with a Hurst shifter, a custom driveshaft, and a “NASCAR style” nine-inch rear end.
Perhaps the most notable thing about the engine is its valve covers, which are emblazoned with the Playboy bunny and word logo. In fact, the entire car is Playboy-themed inside and out with the iconic bunny appearing on the hood, both rear quarters, wheels, steering wheel, floor mats, headrests, and tachometer. To remind your passenger how much of an adult entertainment connoisseur you are, a giant “PLAYBOY” emblem is on the passenger side dashboard.
The car is located at Euromotorsport in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and it’s up for grabs. If you’ve been looking for your rolling proclamation of your enthusiasm for Playboy with about a six-figure price tag, then this is the car for you.
- RELATEDVintage Playboy Models and Cars (Need We Say More?)Every Playmate of the Year gets—and poses with—a new vehicle as part of her prize. The pictures are as erotic as anything else in the magazine.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 5 Best Cars of Playboy Icon Hugh Hefner's CollectionStyle, taste, and a splash of luxury defined Hef's garage.READ NOW
- RELATEDHugh Hefner Named Playboy Magazine After a Bankrupt Small Car CompanyThe strange, short-lived saga of the Playboy Automobile Company.READ NOW
- RELATEDRemembering Hugh Hefner And His Iconic Jet Black DC-9 "Big Bunny"In aviation circles, the Playboy DC-9 is almost as famous as the man who commissioned it.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 8 Best Mopar-Centric Episodes of Mike Musto’s Big Muscle, RankedClassic American muscle cars doing massive burnouts never gets old.READ NOW