Audi Will Let You Drive an R8 V10 Plus at Circuit of the Americas
Race around COTA like you're in the IMSA Weathertech Championship this week in Audi's hottest sports cars.
Driving the $190,000 Audi R8 V10 Plus is a frighteningly fun affair, but it's one that most fans won't ever get to experience. Audi's motorsport division, Audi Sport, wants to change that, offering a new driving experience for fans and customers to get up close and personal with an array of performance cars. The event will take place at the infamous Circuit of the Americas, home to the best racing series in the United States. The experience caters to both casual Audi fans and hardcore motorsport enthusiasts, so participants with zero track experience and seasoned track experts alike can have fun.
Audi of America announced its Audi Driving Experience at COTA Thursday, which will start this week and run all year at the famous race track in Austin, Texas. Customers will be able to get acquainted with 4 Audi Sport models: RS 3, R8 V10 Plus, Q7, and TT RS.
Participants will be accompanied by a veteran driving instructor, who will teach the drivers advanced techniques for cornering, high-speed driving, car control, and track etiquette if needed. The experience is divided up into four separate programs for different skill levels, with different cars and driving durations.
The Dynamic experience is geared toward beginners, as fans get behind the wheel of the TT RS and RS 3 under close supervision of an instructor while they practice on COTA's training paddock. The half-day Track Initiation experience lets customers drive the R8 V10 Plus as well as the previous two cars around the paddock and get some limited time on the circuit.
The fully-day R8 Track Initiation experience gives participants ample seat time in the R8 V10 Plus as they familiarize themselves with COTA's full circuit. This is a prerequisite to the R8 Pro Track experience, where qualified participants get to practice advanced performance driving techniques in the R8 over 2 days at the circuit.
This is a great opportunity for Audi fans to learn from the best and start their track day obsession off right.
- RELATEDBehind the Scenes of a Supercar Track Day at COTATexas supercar owners push hard at the Circuit of the AmericasREAD NOW
- RELATEDMercedes-Benz Classic Track Days to Revive Touring Car HistoryFormer Mercedes-Benz factory DTM drivers will join customers to relive the vintage racing experience.READ NOW
- RELATEDFiat Will Give You a Free Track Day If You Buy an AbarthOwners have one year from purchase to claim their day at the Bondurant Racing School.READ NOW
- RELATEDExperience Lamborghini Winter Driving Accademia With This VideoHave you ever seen an Aventador S slide like this?READ NOW
- RELATEDIs This Drone Faster Than an Audi R8?Both are quick, but which is faster in this drag race?READ NOW