Check Out and Maybe Buy This 1965 Jaguar XKE Roadster Project
Someone please give this E-Type some love.
The Jaguar XKE, more commonly known as the E-Type, is arguably one of the most beautiful cars ever made, at least according to Enzo Ferrari. The E-Type Jag isn't just known for its beauty—when the car launched in 1961, its top speed of 150 miles per hour and 7-second 0-60 time were pretty impressive stats. As prices for these desirable roadsters and coupes continue to creep above $100,000, Jaguar lovers are starting to look at the proven F-Type for thrills, which still carries the E-Type's legacy. However, there's still hope for those who want an original Jaguar roadster as auction website Bring a Trailer has shown us.
The car in question is a 1965 Series-1 Jaguar XKE Roadster, posted Tuesday on Bring a Trailer with 75,542 miles on the clock. This manual E-Type definitely needs some TLC as it's a non-running project car with a dead brake system and cracked turn signals. The good news is that the completely original 4.2-liter engine works and the project is "largely complete" according to the seller; it's also currently priced at only $60,000. The car's current "paint scheme" is black, but it was originally bought with Jag's signature Opalescent green with a white interior. Before it was rescued by BaT, this E-Type sat in storage for 20 years on its owner's property in Nevada, so the good wash and detail is definitely needed to fully appreciate it.
The car is only for sale until August 3, so prospective buyers who have the dough should act fast to get the project car of their dreams.
- RELATEDBarons Bring Gorgeous Mercedes-Benz 230 SL Pagoda and Jaguar E-Type to AuctionOnce owned by the Sultan of Brunei, these are two truly amazing drop tops.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew Eagle E-Type Spyder GT Will Give You GoosebumpsThe renowned British coach builder adds another model to its lineup.READ NOW
- RELATEDMeet the Real “Shaguar,” a Race-Ready Jaguar E-type CoupeFor reasons both implicit and explicit, this one’s fit to wear the badge.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 1960 Jaguar XK150 S Roadster: Power Is Not a New Invention269 horsepower is plenty to terrify and charm the English countryside.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR Convertible Shows Its ClawsCoupe or convertible, the range-topping F-Type SVR is one of history's fastest Jaguars.READ NOW