Richard Petty Giving Away Custom Camaro for Charity
The King has partnered with Omaze to give a day of experiences perfect for a NASCAR fan.
After offering up Kimbal Musk's personal Tesla Model 3 a few months ago, charity contest site Omaze is once again giving away a new car as part of one of its "experiences." This time, the car in question is a Chevy Camaro with a suite of upgrades from Petty's Garage.
Legendary NASCAR driver Richard Petty has partnered with Omaze for this campaign, with a list of prizes that should appeal to racing fans. One winning contestant will be able to bring along a friend and meet up with Petty for a tour at his personal garage and museum.
The museum features cars driven throughout Petty's storied career, including the iconic 1970 Plymouth Superbird. After the tour, Petty and the winner will sit down to enjoy a North Carolina barbecue lunch. Omaze has made it clear that it will cover the winning entrant's airfare, and put them up in a four star hotel.
A day of conversation with The King would be a worthy prize on its own, but to make the deal even sweeter, Omaze has also thrown in the keys to a custom Camaro SS. From the factory, the 2018 Camaro SS is powered by a 6.2-liter LT1 V8 putting out 455 horsepower. It will be made even more potent via upgrades selected by the contest winner and installed by Petty's Garage, free of charge. Potential modifications include a paint color chosen by the recipient, HRE wheels, a custom tune, bespoke leather interior, and a glovebox autograph by Richard Petty.
Participants can pay for entries into the contest, and proceeds will benefit the Petty Family Foundation. Created by Petty's wife Lynda, the PFF is a charity that provides financial assistance to children and veterans in the Pettys' home state of North Carolina.
Those interested in participating can head over to the Omaze site, and read up on the official contest rules. There's still more than a month left to donate to the campaign. A winner will be announced July 25.
- RELATEDKyle Busch Takes First NASCAR Cup Series Charlotte Win at Coca-Cola 600Kyle Busch fulfills a lifelong dream of winning the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.READ NOW
- RELATEDNASCAR Race Team Alliance Adds Executive DirectorThe RTA group of NASCAR team owners names Jonathan Marshall as its first executive director.READ NOW
- RELATEDNASCAR Champ Jimmie Johnson Continues Sponsorship SearchThe seven-time champion continues to look for a sponsor to replace longtime backer Lowe's. Red Bull may be an option.READ NOW
- RELATEDPreview: NASCAR Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor SpeedwayNASCAR’s longest drive of the year is also one of the most grueling events of all three motorsports series competing on the Greatest Day in Racing.READ NOW
- RELATEDWilliam Byron to Honor Jeff Gordon in NASCAR Race at DarlingtonWilliam Byron's throwback paint scheme for the 2018 Southern 500 will honor the four-time champion and former driver of the No. 24.READ NOW