Ferrari 599 Drift Car Has Arrived for the Upcoming Formula Drift Season
Driving for the FFF Drifting Department team, Federico Sceriffo will be competing in the 2018 Formula Drift season with a Ferrari 599.
Around this time last year, The Drive's Rob Stumpf broke news of a Ferrari 599 that was being teased as a potential drift car for Italian driver Federico Sceriffo. The Ferrari 599 was rumored to be for competition in Formula Drift, those rumors can now be confirmed since the car recently arrived stateside before the first round of Formula Drift at Long Beach, California.
After making it on U.S. soil, Sceriffo's Ferrari drift car, a Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, visited Race Service. Race Service is the shop where fellow Formula Drift drivers Chris Forsberg and Ryan Tuerck now run their respective race programs. Tuerck is no stranger to Ferrari's. After all he is the envy of all car enthusiasts with his Ferrari 458 V8 engine powered Toyota GT-86 street legal drift car, affectionately referred to as the "GT-4586".
Sceriffo's Ferrari utilizes a Ferrari V12 engine, but with two added superchargers. Sceriffo and the FFF Drifting Department team are not the first to call upon exotics for drifting. Daigo Saito has a Lamborghini Murcielago drift car and Youichi Imamura had a Lexus LFA.
The FFF Drifting Department team made the official announcement of the car's purpose, that Federico Sceriffo would be piloting the Ferrari 599, referred to by the team as "Fiorella," for the 2018 Formula Drift season.
The Ferrari 599 and Federico Sceriffo will make their Formula Drift debuts at the first event of the 2018 Formula Drift season April 6-7 at Long Beach.
- RELATEDFederico Sceriffo May Reveal Ferrari 599 For Next Formula Drift SeasonFederico Sceriffo may be next on the list of Formula Drift drivers who slide supercars.READ NOW
- RELATEDFormula Drift Driver Dan Burkett Is Marathoning His Road to Long BeachTaking his Off Season Refresh series to the limit, Formula Drift driver Dan Burkett is pushing daily content on his Toyota Supra Formula Drift drift car build.READ NOW
- RELATEDBlackOut: A New Series From Formula Drift Drivers Chris Forsberg and Ryan TuerckAs if Chris Forsberg wasn't busy enough already, he and Ryan Tuerck team up for a new YouTube series.READ NOW
- RELATEDFormula Drift 2017 Champ James Deane Drifts the World's Fastest Drift Nissan GT-RFresh off a Formula Drift 2017 championship, James Deane heads to the Dubai Autodrome to drift around in the World's Fastest Drift Nissan GT-R.READ NOW
- RELATEDFormula Drift Driver Chris Forsberg Drives a NASCAR Race Car on the StreetProfessional fun-haver Chris Forsberg ditches the drift car to drive a NASCAR race car on public roads.READ NOW