This Batmobile Concept Makes the Batman v Superman Version Look Terrible
But let's not lie, Bat-fleck's Batmobile didn't need much help with that.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is a movie with more than its fair share of problems. In the flood of complaints, beefs, and aggravations about the film, however, one of the lesser ones has been largely lost in the deluge: Ben Affleck's Batman drives one ugly-looking Batmobile.
Seriously, look at it. It looks like the bastard child of a B-2A Spirit and a Plymouth Prowler. It looks like a low-top sneaker Godzilla would buy for his five-year-old kid. It looks like a Decepticon who suffered a stroke mid-transformation. It is Gross, with a capital G and mandatory italicization.
Luckily for us, Bulgarian 3-D artist Encho Enchev has whipped up a better version. Inspired by the Bat-fleck's visually abhorrent ride, Enchev whipped up a new Batmobile concept that combines the lethality of Christopher Nolan's Tumbler with the raciness of a Le Mans prototype. Low-slung and lean, it trades the super-long dash-to-axle ratio of Batman v Superman's Batmobile for a sleek, cab-forward design, complete with a fighter jet-inspired canopy that wouldn't look out of place on future Formula One race cars.
And the closer you look, the more homages to the Dark Knight spring into view. The fins over the rear wheels bring to mind the ears on Batman's cowl. The cowcatcher grille guard vaguely resembles the shape of the hero's logo. And the nom du guerre of its caped occupant is painted on either side the canopy. We don't see Bruce Wayne doing that...but we do see Alfred indulging his dry British sense of humor and popping it on there in a moment of whimsy.
Now, if only we could have someone replace the rest of Batman v Superman with a better movie.
- RELATEDCreator of the Batmobile Passes Away at 89Automotive pop culture icon George Barris ascends to kustom heavenREAD NOW
- RELATEDA Batmobile From Tim Burton's Batman Is for Sale in Russia for $1.1 MillionMaybe Bruce Wayne (Vaynsky?) got all that cash from Barents Sea oil wells.READ NOW
- RELATEDHideous New Batmobile Ruins Epic New Batman v Superman TrailerPlease, for the love of the Penguin, make it stop.READ NOW
- RELATEDPeek Inside Batman’s Garage Using Google Street ViewTools! Batmobile!READ NOW
- RELATEDAnd Now, 12 Supermodels Dressed as CarsBecause...fashion?READ NOW