The Kardashians Don’t Deserve Nice Cars
They deserve old beaters, oddballs, lemons and bores.
If the pop culture zeitgeist were a used car, the Kardashian clan would be the rust; a troublesome problem that lowers value, ruins integrity, an unsightly eyesore that takes serious time and effort to eradicate. Until America’s inexplicable fascination with this family fades, we’re stuck having public presence shoved down our throats. That means watching them snap up rare and exotic wheels, only to sit on the hood because, to them, life is only what happens in between Instagram uploads. One of them even drives a mint ‘57 Corvette. Heresy.
They do not deserve nice cars. They deserve old beaters, oddballs, lemons, and bores. Junkyard heaps, or the most basic, unimaginative, inconspicuous boxes on four wheels. (Or the guillotine—Ed.) These aren’t all bad cars, necessarily, just the ones that fit. If there was any justice in the universe, the garage at the Kardashian’s witch palace would look a lot different.
The brainchild of GM designer Tom Peters, the Pontiac Aztek was an intentional departure from the normative tastes. Peters has been quoted as saying he wanted something “bold” and “in-your-face” that “ wasn’t for everybody.” Quoth one automotive consultant from AutoPacific: “Functionally, the Aztek is great. It just looks like six-week-old cottage cheese.” All of which screams Kim Kardashian.
Somebody who actually watches this garbage tells us she’s loud and manly and unapologetic. Thus, she is an old, busted third-gen F-Body Chevrolet Camaro. The base Berlinetta V-6, mind you, not an IROC. And most definitely an automatic.
The old Jeep Liberty was a sensible, boring, compact SUV. Kourtney, apparently, is the sensible, boring, compact Kardashian. The Grand Cherokee’s too much car for her; the Wrangler is too badass. The Liberty would be just right. She’d lose her shit over those heated seats.
An old Volkswagen Jetta, and not a cool Wolfsburg Edition. A super basic, seven-year-old TDI, complete with the dirty, cheating 2-liter turbodiesel four. The interior, of course, would be in dire need of a deep cleaning. There’d be a few dents in the quarter panels from parking mishaps.
She’s old enough to drive?
- RELATEDPlease, Look at Kylie Jenner Learning About Her G-WagenA complete waste of time. And, you’re welcome.READ NOW
- RELATEDDonald Trump’s Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster Is for SaleThe case for buying the only immigrant the Donald actually liked.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy Ludacris’s 1993 Acura Legend Is Realer Than Real-Deal HolyfieldOr, a meditation on realness at the nexus of hip-hop and car culture.READ NOW
- RELATEDScott Disick Sucks But His Cars Don’tLooking for easy entree into cars? Check out this jabroni’s Instagram feed.READ NOW
- RELATEDBringing Kanye and Wiz Khalifa’s Twitter Feud to the GarageStop slut-shaming Amber Rose; start shit-talking each other’s cars.READ NOW