Watch Handicapped Hoonigan Rob Parsons Drift a Nissan R32 Skyline
No hand controls? Just duct tape your foot to the gas and hold on tight.
Drifting is an extremely difficult (and often dangerous) sport in itself, but it quickly enters a territory of uncharted talent when you add a handicap into the mix. Rob Parsons is a well-known handicapped (handi-capable?) member of Ken Block's extended Hoonigan crew and an absolute animal when it comes to extreme activities. His nickname is "The Chairslayer," and it couldn't be more fitting, as he does not let his wheelchair hold him back.
Rob Parsons has proven to be an accomplished drifter, thanks to the help of hand controls and a lot of talent. You can't always get what you want in this world, but Rob Parsons quickly adapts to get what he needs. [Max Goldberg was incredibly proud of that line. —Ed.] Instead of missing out on the action of drifting an 500-horsepower R32 Nissan Skyline, Parsons has his buddies duct tape his right foot to the gas pedal...and takes the R32 on a drifting adventure.
Using his right hand to work his paralyzed leg, Rob is able to manipulate the accelerator just the way he wants it. He then steers with his left hand and hopes for the best. We can't confirm who is pulling the emergency brake (if anyone) seeing as how Rob needs to keep his hands on the wheel and his leg.
This glorious footage is part of episode nine of "The Unprofessionals," a new video series by Hoonigan that follows Eugene Hertrech and Rob Parsons across the country as they hop from one drift event to another.
- RELATEDNISMO To Make Nissan R32 GTR OEM Replacement PartsThe "Heritage Parts Program" will first offer OEM parts from NISMO for the R32, eventually offering the parts for others in the bloodline.READ NOW
- RELATEDNoriyaro Shares A Closer Look At Top Secret's R35-Powered R32 GT-RNoriyaro brings us around the weirder parts of Makuhari Messe and has a closer look at the Top Secret "VR32" GT-R.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Fredric Aasbo Shred Tires With His Toyota Corolla IM at Hoonigan GarageWith nearly 1000 horsepower at the crank, this Corolla IM is ready to smoke up the neighborhood.READ NOW
- RELATEDPrerunner Chevy Truck Destroys HOONIGAN HeadquartersMmm, donuts.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Ford Focus RS RX's Hoonigan Livery Is UnmissableDo your eyes hurt yet?READ NOW