4K Video Provides Best Look Yet at the Tesla Model 3
This clip shows a release candidate Model 3 in beautiful high-resolution footage.
With delivery dates for the Tesla Model 3 inching closer and closer, it appears Tesla has been doing an increasing amount of road-testing with the new entry-level electric car. The latest example: a new video on YouTube shows what appears to be the Model 3 in ultra-clear 4K quality.
The folks at Electrek unearthed and posted a video Wednesday that shows a white pre-production Model 3 test mule on the road. As the electric car news site notes, the car in the video appears to have some strange panel gaps on the rear-end—not something too unusual for Teslas—but otherwise, it looks pretty standard for what we've seen with recent Model 3 mule sightings. Seeing the car in white does give us a chance to better make out the likely-final version of the car's styling in better clarity...which is only further helped by the 4K resolution of the footage.
Musk said at a TED talk last Friday that Tesla will be able to make its goal of starting up Model 3 production in July. But it's unclear if the electric car company will be able to meet its required production number goals by the end of the year.
- RELATEDOne of Electric GT's Tesla Model S Race Cars Crashed on TrackElectric GT's stripped-down Model S ended its track day with a bang.READ NOW
- RELATEDChinese Startups Take Aim at the Tesla Model 3Chinese startups are developing competitors to the Tesla Model 3, which is expected to arrive in China next year.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Readies Factory for Large-Scale Model 3 Production in JulyAs the Model 3 launch date comes closer, Tesla is readying its entry-level EV for mass production.READ NOW
- RELATEDOnlooker Mistakes Faraday Future FF91 Prototype for Tesla Model 3"Dude, is that the Model 3?"READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Model 3 Won't Have an Instrument Panel, Elon Musk ConfirmsNo HUD or instrument binnacle here, folks. Just a big old center console with your speed on it.READ NOW