Watch This 2017 Audi R8 V10 Spyder Barrel up the Mountains in Monaco
The POV video was shot during 2017 Top Marques Monaco
The 2017 Audi R8 V10 Spyder is something of beauty without being overly opulent. The classic German engineering has yielded some amazing vehicles and the R8 is right up there with the best of them. Unfortunately, few with ever be able to drive one due to the $175,100 starting price tag of the 2017 Audi R8 V10 Spyder. However, the next best thing would be to enjoy a POV drive of the sporty V-10.
In the video below, we are graced with a first-person view of driving the 2017 Audi R8 V10 Spyder during Top Marques in Monaco. The wonderful sound of the blaring V-10 can be heard echoing through the hills and the wind can be heard whistling by the camera as the car rockets to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds.
Powered by a naturally aspirated 540 horsepower and 398 lb-ft of torque 5.2-liter V-10, the 2017 Audi R8 V10 Spyder is truly a track monster. It is unclear whether or not ADP Performance has chipped the car but decaling on the doors indicate that may be possible.
Overall, the video is a blast to watch, but The Drive disagrees with some of the driver's lane decisions as he cuts corners.
- RELATED2018 Audi R8 V10 Plus Will Have Laser Headlights StandardAvailable as an option on poverty-spec V10 non-Plus models.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche 911 Turbo Takes On Acura NSX & Audi R8 V10 In The WetTop Gear's Chris Harris takes the three premier all-weather supercars for a very rainy track sessionREAD NOW
- RELATEDThis 650-HP Audi R8 Race Car Packs a Turbo 2.0-Liter Inline-4Who needs that original 420-horsepower V-8 anyways?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a $200,000 Audi R8 V10 Plus Get Pulled Out of a RiverEven Quattro all-wheel-drive couldn't get this German driver out of this mess.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi Prices the 2017 R8 V-10 Spyder at $175,100$24,900 less than the Lamborghini Huracan RWD Spyder.READ NOW