Watch the $3.7 Million McLaren P1 LM Conquer the Nurburgring
Could it be going for a lap record?
When an automaker engineers a track version of an already-extreme hypercar, you know there's a good chance that whatever that company concocts is going to be completely balls to the wall. The McLaren P1 LM—a road-legal version of the P1 GTR race car—was put together by Lazante, the folks who brought those F1 GTRs to life. With 986 horsepower and less weight than the standard trim, the P1 LM easily falls into the balls-to-the-wall category. And now, we know what that looks like at the Nurburgring Nordschleife.
A video published on YouTube Thursday shows a McLaren P1 LM going hammer down at the Green Hell. It's unclear what exactly the hybrid hypercar was doing on the Nordschleife—aside from getting driven, hard—but it sure does look like fun. And yes, it sounds delicious, as well.
“We’ve seen what the road car is capable of there and we’ve got simulations of what our car can do,” said Lazante head Dean Lanzante, according to Autocar. “Kenny Bräck is doing all of the driving, so if an opportunity arose, we have the right man for the job.”
Though McLaren never released the official Nordschleife lap time for the standard P1, it did say the car could run around the track in less than seven minutes. Currently, the Lamborghini Huracan Performante is the machine to beat with a time of 6:52.01.
- RELATEDThe 2017 Honda Civic Type R Breaks the FWD Nurburgring RecordAt 7:43.80, America's first Honda Civic Type R is now your front-wheel-drive King of the 'Ring.READ NOW
- RELATEDRJ Anderson Backflips a Polaris RZR in Latest XP1K FilmStart your Tuesday with some off-road insanity in the ultimate UTV.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla to Increase Prices for Model S, Model X 100D and P100DThis news comes after the company announced it will drop the Model S 75's price by $7,500.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Audi RS4 Avant Prototype Spied Testing at The NurburgringThe German brute sports a wagon look and heavy camouflage in this clip.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a BMW M235i Race Car Driver Go Crazy After Nurburgring CrashThis VLN driver was having none of it.READ NOW