Watch Fredric Aasbo Shred Tires With His Toyota Corolla IM at Hoonigan Garage
With nearly 1000 horsepower at the crank, this Corolla IM is ready to smoke up the neighborhood.
This past week, Pro Formula Drift master Fredric Aasbo brought his 2017 Toyota Corolla IM to the Hoonigan garage for an in-depth tour on the complex build. Completely rebuilt from the original Toyota Corolla IM, Aasbo has a true demon on his hands.
First off, the Corolla IM underwent an engine swap as well as a rear-wheel drive conversion to get it drift-ready. Aasbo uses a heavily modified Toyota 2AR-based engine with a BorgWarner EFR 9174 twin-scroll turbocharger that runs on 35 PSI. Combine the massive turbo with NOS and the compact car cranks out 1000 horsepower and 850 lb-ft of torque through a G-Force GSR 4-speed dog box transmission. When you pair power like that to a gutted Corolla IM with a 350 pound engine, you are left with a truly beautiful drift machine.
A few extra goodies are custom fabricated engine mounts, hood exhaust, floor-mounted rear radiator intake and more. After an in-depth tour of Aasbo's ride, a typical Hoonigan departure takes place. They hop into the Corolla IM and and shred a pair or tires in the loudest, most smoke-filled way possible.
If any of you were wondering, Aasbo's Corolla IM gets around 6 mpg on 90 percent ethanol.
If you want to see a video from the debut of Fredric Aasbo's Formula Drift Toyota Corolla IM, click below.
- RELATEDPrerunner Chevy Truck Destroys HOONIGAN HeadquartersMmm, donuts.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Ford Focus RS RX's Hoonigan Livery Is UnmissableDo your eyes hurt yet?READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Toyota Corolla XLE Is the Entenmann’s Cake of Compact CarsAn unremarkable base, packed with toppings and extras to sweeten the deal.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow Fredric Aasbo's 1000-HP Corolla iM Formula D Drift Car Was BuiltYouTube channel Speed Academy takes a tour around Papadakis Racing Shop and a closer look at Fredric Aasbo's Rockstar Energy Toyota Corolla iM Formula Drift car.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Hoonigan Garage Make Donuts In a Ferrari F12 BerlinettaShred all the tires.READ NOW