Russian PepsiCo Factory Accident Floods City Streets with Fruit Juice
The Drive can only assume having fruit juice in your brake rotors isn't the best thing in the world.
Talk about a sticky situation. PepsiCo's Lebedyansky Factory in southern Russia experienced a roof collapse Tuesday morning, resulting in two injuries as well as a halt to normal factory operations. Emergency personnel remained on scene for several hours clearing debris and ensuring the structural integrity of the building was in check.
How, you might be asking, is this relevant to an automotive website? Well, as a result of the accident, several tons of sticky fruit juice spilled into the Russian streets, causing some rather unpleasant flooding. The videos below show cars driving through the pinkish mess, potentially wreaking havoc on the mechanics of the vehicle.
We can only assume the sticky substance found its way into the brake pads, rotors, exhaust system, radiator, shocks, and just about everywhere else in the cars that plowed through the goo. Other than smelling pretty gnarly over the next few weeks, the real question is, what will all that sugary fruit juice residue do to the cars? Will it erode the rubber tubing, strategically placed grease, gearing and everything else vulnerable to erosion or will it just cause your car to smell like a fruit factory? Let us know in the comments what you think these poor Russian drivers might be in for.
- RELATEDThe USAF's F-35s in Estonia Are a Message to Russia and CriticsSending two F-35s to the region doesn't hold much military significance, but that's not the point.READ NOW
- RELATEDAssad Moves The Bulk Of His Air Power To Russia's Air Base In SyriaJust as predicted, because of the reckless and counterproductive US missile strike on Syria, Assad's military capability will be a much harder nut to crack in the future.READ NOW
- RELATEDRussia's Arctic Troops Are Getting These Specialized Mobile Air DefensesThe Kremlin will show off two winterized, mobile anti-aircraft systems during its annual Victory Day parade as it continues to militarize the frigid arctic.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Russian Ex-Mayor Channel Jeremy Clarkson in a Ferrari California"What if I go to a Shopping Centre and get chased by baddies in a Corvette?"READ NOW
- RELATEDRussian Ex-Mayor Drives Ferrari into Mall, Does Donuts Around Security GuardsFormer Arkhangelsk mayor Alexander Donskoy described his hoonage as a work of "performance art."READ NOW