Watch a Bunch of Rally Cars Crash Into a Ditch
Reminder: Things can go bad even when racing slowly.
Those who enter rallies do so knowing full well there's a solid chance their car might not make it out in one piece. Crashing is just part of the rally game. This YouTube video shows how a handful of rally cars met their doom as they entered one very slick, low-speed corner.
A video shared on YouTube Sunday shows action from last weekend's Śląska Rally in Poland—or more specifically, a handful of rally cars at the rally crashing into a ditch. From the looks of the video, the cars came in hot, but not too hot, from a faster stretch of the rally stage, and were forced to slow down to handle the upcoming corner without going off the course. But because of the stretch of road near the corner is wet and muddy, some of the cars—mostly small European hatchbacks—have trouble making the corner. This, in turn, led to them driving into the ditch next to the course.
Going off a stage in rally happens. The important thing is whether you and the helpful spectators around you manage to push the car right-side-up so you can keep hustling down the course.
- RELATEDWatch These Beautiful Rally Cars Crash Into a Ditch One by OneA Lancia Rally 037 and a Renault 5 Turbo rally car slide clean off the road.READ NOW
- RELATEDTransforming the $2,000 BMW From Rally Car to Endurance Race CarAfter rallying the E30 into the ground, now Ryan has to get it ready for a Chump Car race. The work is never done.READ NOW
- RELATEDSubaru Continues Relationship With Dirtfish Rally SchoolLooks like customers will still be able to get sideways in a Subaru WRX STI.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Audi Quattro S1 Clone Proves Rally-Filled Dreams Can Come TrueIt makes you wonder if a replica can be as amazing as the original.READ NOW
- RELATEDGroup B Rally in Lego? What's Not To Love?All you need is another car to race it against.READ NOW