Watch Kimi Raikkonen Hoon the Ferrari GTC4Lusso T
The twin-turbocharged 3.9-liter V-8 sounds great...if you were wondering.
Ferrari's turbocharged 3.9-liter V-8 brought a lot of buzz when the Italian auto manufacturer opted to drop it in the GTC4Lusso T. Normally Ferrari has felt more comfortable with naturally aspirated V-8s and V-12s, but boy, does the new twin-turbocharged 601-horsepower, 560 pound-foot 3.9-liter V-8 purr. For those of you worrying that four less cylinders would equate to a "slow Ferrari," the GTC4Lusso T darts from 0 to 62 mph in 3.5 seconds.
To really show off the beautiful lines and sounds of the GTC4Lusso T, Ferrari threw Formula 1 driver Kimi Raikkonen behind the wheel and let him barrel around a few winding roads for a little while—and captured it all on camera. In the short video, viewers get to see Kimi bang through gears in the backwoods.
Unfortunately, you can’t really hear the turbo whine you would expect from a twin-turbocharged Italian sports car, but we are far from complaining. We also feel obligated to mention the bizarre turn to hockey that occurs, as the second half of the video is primarily Kimi skating with a Ferrari team in front of a fake crowd. Again, not complaining...just felt the need to mention it.
- RELATED2017 Ferrari GTC4Lusso Doubles the PleasureSensational looks, soulful handling, a 208-mph top speed. Now, invite three friends.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi Brings Back the Manual A4 and Ferrari Builds a V-8 GTC4 Lusso: The Evening RushPlus, a 9,000-lumen flashlight and discounted Fitbits.READ NOW
- RELATEDKimi Raikkonen Noses Ahead of Lewis Hamilton in F1 TestingFerrari shows its teeth on day two.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Kimi Raikkonen and John Hennessey Lap Daytona in a Ferrari 488 GTBIf that isn’t a perfect storm of search terms, we don’t know what is.READ NOW
- RELATEDSebastian Vettel and Ferrari Have Mercedes Worried, Niki Lauda SaysThe Formula One legend-turned-Mercedes team boss says Vettel's performance in Bahrain has the Germans concerned.READ NOW