Listen to This Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Sing
The LP620-2 may be the best sounding GT car this season.
Lamborghini isn't necessarily synonymous with racing, but with the Huracan Super Trofeo LP620-2, Sant'Agata is upping its game. The race-spec V-10 brute features a reworked version of the production car's powerplant, sending horses to the rear wheels instead of all four (per race series requirements). It revs to 8,250 RPM and makes us wonder which is better—this, or its Audi R8 GT4 brother?
Watch this video and decide.
Dressed in racing livery, the Super Trofeo looks even more menacing than its road car cousin. It has dramatic overhangs on the track, and it reminds us of Lamborghini's strong design ethos.
It performs even better than it looks, too. It's got stiff competition from other top manufacturers, but with a naturally aspirated lump instead of a turbo motor, it has the advantage of predictability. The sequential box slings it into gear with speed and precision, making it an equally efficient track weapon. The Super Trofeo's frame is a hybrid of carbon and aluminum, making it especially rigid and lightweight for motorsport use. Collectively, it's a well balanced machine that may be the best racing car we've seen out of Lamborghini's factory.
Watch as several different Huracan Super Trofeos carve up the legendary Monza circuit. Make sure you turn your volume up to hear that 620 horsepower engine scream through the revs.
- RELATEDWatch Lamborghini Explain The Huracan Performante's Active Aero SystemLamborghini has mastered what was once considered a dark art.READ NOW
- RELATEDItalian Highway Patrol Swears in New Lamborghini Huracan For DutyThe new Lambo will replace the Gallardo once used by the Polizia.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Lamborghini Huracan Performante Is a 640 HP Track MonsterWith active aero, new materials, and more power, its record-breaking Nürburgring lap time has to be legit.READ NOW
- RELATEDRich 22 Year-Old Parks His Lamborghini Huracan in Mayor's SpotThis is what you do when you have more money than you know what to do with.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Lamborghini Huracan Performante Run Hot Around the NurburgringLamborghini is expected to announce a new Nurburgring record Thursday...but you can catch a glimpse of what might be to come right now.READ NOW