Watch the 650-HP Chevy Camaro ZL1 10-Speed Accelerate to 180 MPH
Imagine that—180 miles per hour in a Camaro.
The Chevy Camaro ZL1 is an unapologetic sports car. Not just a muscle car, but yes, a sports car. In fact, according to Chevy, all that sport—and its 650-horsepower supercharged LT4 V-8—allows the ZL1 to reach a top speed of 198 miles per hour. In a video from the guys at Hennessey Performance, we see the car launch from standstill to 180 mph very quickly.
The video, uploaded to YouTube Monday, shows the needles on the gauges move around as the car nears its top speed. And if you couldn't tell from the clip, the ZL1 here is equipped with the quick-shifting 10-speed automatic transmission.
According to Chevy, the ZL1 manages 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, but in the video here we see a 3.6-second blast recorded. That's still incredibly quick. The run to 179.8 mph took 26.2 seconds and 0-100 was done in 7.6 seconds.
Not bad. Not bad in the slightest...for a "muscle car."
- RELATEDThe Chevrolet Camaro 1LE Delivers a Knockout Punch to the Mustang GTThe Mustang-Camaro performance rivalry is becoming one-sided.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Chevy Camaro 1LE Package Has ArrivedExtra handling sweetness for the Alpha platform bargain (and not just for V-8 models).READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Giant 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Photo GalleryBecause we can't stop staring at Chevy's latest 650-horsepower track weapon.READ NOW
- RELATEDJeff Gordon Talks Driving the 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1The racing legend spoke with Lawrence Ulrich about pacing the Daytona 500 in Chevrolet's 650-horsepower muscle car.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet Reveals Camaro ZL1 1LE, Surely the Fastest-Lapping Muscle Car in HistoryTake the already-capable Camaro ZL1, add more track-spec goodies, and boom: the ultimate course Camaro.READ NOW