Watch a Fuel Tanker Burst Into a Massive Fireball on a Louisiana Highway
8,000 gallons of fuel ignited on I-310 South when a fuel tanker hit a dump truck on Friday.
Insane footage from Luling, Louisiana emerged on Friday morning, showing a fuel tanker crashing into a dump truck and exploding into a massive fireball. According to police, a dump truck was traveling at a slow rate of speed in the far right lane when a fuel tanker carrying 8,000 gallons of fuel crashed into it, causing the tank to rupture and explode.
If you look closely, you can see a massive splash of fuel rise above the wreck before igniting mid-air and spewing across Interstate 310 South. The violent crash happened all within three seconds. Tragically, it claimed the life of the dump truck driver; miraculously, however, the driver of the fuel tanker survived and was transported to the hospital with moderate injuries.
Police stated the road is closed for repairs, which we can only assume have to do with the “scorched earth” scenario that took place earlier. This serves as a great reminder to keep your distance from tankers while driving. Even if the driver is very competent, they are still driving an 8,000-gallon source for fire and destruction.
- RELATEDVideo Proof Why You Shouldn't Cross Multiple Lanes For a Highway ExitSometimes you have to just swallow your pride and miss the exit.READ NOW
- RELATEDAustralian Cops Score a Mercedes-AMG E43 For Highway Patrol DutyThe AMG sedan may only be used for promoting safety...but it sure could catch a ton of speeders if given the chanceREAD NOW
- RELATEDHere's Why First Responders Block Extra Lanes of TrafficHint: they aren't trying to slow down your coffee run.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Alleged Heroin User Crash Into Louisiana State TrooperLuckily, the trooper was driving a Chevy Tahoe.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Arrested For Allegedly Allowing 12-Year-Old Son to Crash Car into CanalThe man's two-year-old son was also in the car.READ NOW