Watch This Volkswagen Golf Fly Off Track Due To Brake Failure
Mind the wall.
This isn't the first time we've seen a video like this, and it surely won't be the last. With GoPros becoming more and more common at track days, footage of cars running off the circuit have set the internet on fire. Between a 4,000+ horsepower Corvette flying into the air on the drag strip and the video you see here, there's plenty of entertainment for those of us who miss out on a race event or two. Sadly for this Volkswagen Golf driver, his brakes malfunctioned and sent him soaring off track.
The clip starts off with the rear view from a Mazda Miata track car, covering his hot lap around Hallett Motor Racing Circuit in Tulsa, OK. The car goes on, carving from corner to corner, leading us to think that it's just another archive for the owner's collection. But then you see the car pass a particular yellow VW that quickly becomes the star of the show. The Golf goes onto chase the Miata around the track, coming hot on his heels into the corner, eventually getting a bit out of shape in the turn, sending him into the grass and catapulting into the surrounding woods.
Luckily enough, the driver was okay after the crash. This is a crazy instance of having a camera in the right place at the right time, though I'm sure the Golf driver wish it never would have happened.
- RELATEDFlorida Man Arrested For Allegedly Allowing 12-Year-Old Son to Crash Car into CanalThe man's two-year-old son was also in the car.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Separate Crashes Claim Two Ferrari 488s This WeekendThe Estoril Experience Day got a little too real for one guest, while the Nürburgring struck yet again at the VLN Endurance Race.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch 12 Australian Supercar Championship Racers CrashThe wreck reportedly caused $3.75 million worth of damage.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Crashing Peugeot Rally Car Nearly Hit a BabyBringing a baby to a rally is definitely a "no no" in the parenting 101 book.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to This Angry MK1 VW Golf Attack a Swiss HillclimbThis naturally aspirated racer features a high-revving orchestra underneath the hood.READ NOW