Watch A 900 Horsepower BMW 335i Wagon Shred Tires in This Clip
This is the contemporary Bimmer lover's wet dream.
BMW's E9x (E90, E91, E92, E93) 3 Series has turned into one of the most prominent platforms for Euro tuners. The N54 twin turbo inline-six has proven to be an exceptionally capable unit for producing power with many ditching the duals for a single big turbo, promising huge numbers like you see here. The car in this video has been obviously modded throughout, laying out on the street with airbag suspension and big wheels, making this an ultimate scene slayer. Spotted at a Cars & Coffee event in The Netherlands, the wagon makes sure to flex its muscles in the street for everyone attending.
This E91 335i wagon may be the furthest from stock than any other we've seen. According to the video, it's running a Competition 6465 1.0 A/r twin-scroll turbo that pushes 30 psi of boost to the stock block, a feat that speaks for the strength of the engine from the factory. The car is tuned with a JB4 G5 program that allows the engine to run a 50/50 mix of E85 and 102 octane, making for big gains over regular pump gas; methanol injection also aids the effort. A host of fueling upgrades make sure that the inline-six has enough fuel to match the huge amount of air being force fed by the upgraded blower.
It follows through with aggressive looks and a mean stance. This thing defines the term "hard parked", and for many, that's enough to make it a head turner. Whether it's your cup of tea or not, it's undeniable that the crew who built it was serious about performance. This car speaks for the E9x's aptitude for the tuning community with its devilish looks and powertrain, giving enthusiast's a good alternative to JDM builds that we've seen time and time again. Matt Farah even compares the N54 engine to the Toyota Supra's 2JZ in the sense of its reliable power, and as you can see here, he's not lying.
Listen to the wicked machine spool and lay some rubber through the streets -- you won't be disappointed.
- RELATEDThis 700-Horsepower Mazda RX7 Is Your Daily Dose of RotaryFor when you just can't get enough Wankel, there's this.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 2JZ-Powered BMW M5 Makes 800 HorsepowerIf you were looking for a manic German-Japanese cross, this is it.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 700+ Horsepower PP-Performance Tuned 991 Turbo Runs 9sThis Turbo Has Picked Up Over 200 Horsepower From Stock, And Is Over A Second Quicker In The Quarter Than Porsche's Turbo SREAD NOW
- RELATEDHennessey Performance's 605-Horsepower Ford F-150 VelociRaptor Is One Expensive Beast605 horsepower may be nice but is it really worth an extra $22,500?READ NOW
- RELATEDBuilding a Roll Cage For Our $2,000 BMWBefore Ryan can take the cheapo Bimmer on a punishing stage rally, we have to sort out a very particular series of tubes.READ NOW