Check out the Ultimate Porsche Rally Car—the LuftAuto 002
Luftgekühlt reimagines a 1987 Porsche 3.2 Carrera and turns it into a one off rally car.
Donut Media just put out a great video showcasing a reimagined Porsche car which brings homage to Porsche's racing history - the LuftAuto 002. In the video, Le Mans-winning Porsche factory race car driver Patrick Long shows you what it takes to make the LuftAuto 002.
The LuftAuto 002 was built from the Luftgekühlt brand. Luftgekühlt was co-founded by Patrick Long and Howie Idelson. Luftgekühlt literally translates to air cooled in English. Long and Idelson created the Luftgekühlt brand to showcase all air cooled Porsche's from the Pre-A 356 through the 993 model line.
The car started life as a 1987 Porsche 3.2 Carrera. To create the LuftAuto 002, Long enlisted a little help. The LuftAuto 002 was built at E-Motion Engineering in Newport Beach, California. In the video, E-Motion Engineering founder Joey Seely takes you through all the upgrades to the Porsche. Seely is no stranger to cars, he spent time working on race cars in the American Le Mans series, International Motor Sports Association, and even the historic 24 Hours of Le Mans. He talks about the engine being a Euro spec engine. More specifically it is a Rothsport-built 3.2 engine mated to a G50 gearbox. Seely also talks about the suspension being triple adjustable competition three-way and he even mentions the nuts and bolts were all replated.
As Seely said in the video "It'll look, because it is".
Along with E-Motion Engineering, Long got help on the development and testing of the car from Pikes Peak royalty, Jeff Zwart. We covered Zwart recently when he visited Hoonigan's Donut Garage with his personal Porsche 914 and to chat about his racing history and love of Porsches. If you want someone to help develop your Porsche, Zwart is the man you want.
The LuftAuto 002 debuted at Luftgekühlt's 2017 event: Luftgekühlt 4, May 7, 2017.
To get more of the details check out Donut Media's LuftAuto 002 video below.
- RELATEDPatrick Long and Christina Nielsen Join Porsche Wright Racing for 2018 IMSA GT Daytona SeasonBoth drivers won championships in their respective divisions this past season.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche's Patrick Long Wins Pirelli World Challenge ChampionshipIn fact, Pat won the overall championship, the sprint championship, and won the team and manufactures titles for Porsche and Wright Motorsports.READ NOW
- RELATEDBuy Patrick Long’s Rally-Prepped ’85 Porsche 911Partly because it's for charity, mostly because it's sinfully cool.READ NOW
- RELATEDLearn Everything You Did Not Know About Pikes Peak Legend Jeff ZwartPhotographer, cinematographer, and driver Jeff Zwart sits down with Hoonigan to discuss his career and love of Porsche's.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Pikes Peak Legend Jeff Zwart Rip Burnouts and Donuts in His Porsche 914/6Jeff Zwart stops by Hoonigan to play with his Porsche 914/6 that he has owned for 45 years.READ NOW