The Best Way to Get Your Christmas Tree Is With a McLaren F1 GTR
Car enthusiast Andy Bruce takes his McLaren F1 GTR race car to pick up a Christmas tree.
Car enthusiast Andy Bruce owns a McLaren F1, but not just any McLaren F1. He owns a McLaren F1 GTR race car, Team Lark McLaren GTR #13R. When it is Christmas season and you have your one-off race car what do you do? You go and pick up your Christmas tree of course.
Bruce's car participated in the All Japan Grand Touring Championship in 1996 campaigning for Team Lark. Team Lark had two F1 GTRs race, chassis #13R and #14R. This particular car, chassis #13R, was raced by Naoki Hattori and Ralf Schumacher.
I chatted with Bruce about his video. I asked him how hard it was to put the tree on the roof? "No problem. Plenty of bubble wrap and tank tape. Used suckers from a bike carrier for hood front," Bruce said. I also asked him if there were any "oops" moments? He told me he "avoided high-speed corners, but given that it was 2 degrees Celsius outside and cold tires that was not an issue."
While we were chatting I mentioned the Ferrari F40 that was recently taken camping and asked him if there were any other crazy future plans with the F1 GTR? Bruce told me, "First go at doing this. If it is liked will do some more stuff." The world needs more daily driven McLaren F1s.
In Bruce's video, you get some great views of the one-off F1 GTR race car driving through the country and then, of course, you see it with a Christmas tree on its roof. The video ends with Bruce driving the Team Lark F1 GTR down his dirt driveway and parking the F1 GTR next to his Team Lark liveried McLaren P1 GTR.
Check out Andy Bruce's McLaren F1 GTR Christmas Tree video below.
- RELATEDWatch Pink Floyd's Drummer Wreck His McLaren F1 GTRNick Mason ran out of talent in one of his many McLarens.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Designer of the McLaren F1 Is Building a New SupercarIf it's anything like the F1, we want a piece of Gordon Murray's new work of art.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 148-Mile McLaren F1 is One of The Most Valuable Cars For Sale TodayThis car was suspended in time, still in factory-protective wrapping.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the McLaren F1 Longtail Dance Around SpaThe iconic supercar of the 1990s takes to one of the world's greatest tracks.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Elon Musk Take Delivery of his New McLaren F1—in 1999"I can't believe it's actually here. It's pretty wild, man."READ NOW