Watch the Jaguar XE SV Project 8 Break the Production Sedan Nurburgring Record
This limited production super sedan is the cat's meow.
Jaguar has claimed the throne for fastest production sedan to whip around the Nurburgring with the XE SV Project 8. Its 5.0-liter supercharged V-8 engine making 592 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque turning all four wheels helped the super sedan achieve a lap time of 7:21.23, which puts it in the same league as cars like the Ferrari 488 GTB and Chevy Corvette C6 Z06. The Jag’s time was more than enough to take the production sedan record from the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio with a comparatively sluggish lap time of 7:32.
I keep saying “production” sedan because this is not the fastest vehicle with four doors to ever hustle around the ‘Ring. The Subaru WRX STI Type RA NBR Special (sedans with really long names do great on the Nurburgring) managed an amazing 6:58.9 lap time, but that was a one-off, purpose-built track car not available for sale to the public.
While the record-breaking Jaguar XE SV Project 8 is a production car, production is very limited. Only 300 lucky drivers worldwide will have the privilege of spending $192,000 on this Jaguar. That means the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio is still the fastest sedan that any normal person with the means to buy one can actually buy. Oh, and the Alfa is well under half the price of the Jag.
Bragging rights might be the only reason the Jaguar XE SV Project 8 exists, but a record is a record. Hats off to Jaguar for not only winning the record but embarrassing the previous record holder.
- RELATEDWatch the 592-HP Jaguar XE SV Project 8 Whip Around the NurburgringThis monstrous sedan will hit 60 mph quicker than a Hellcat.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the 505-HP Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Set a Nurburgring Record7:32 is now the four-door 'Ring time to beat.READ NOW
- RELATEDJaguar's 592-HP XE SV Project 8 Will Cost $192,000It's Jaguar's most powerful car ever.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Subaru WRX STI Type RA NBR Set a Nurburgring RecordDriver Richie Stanaway set a new sedan lap record in this specially prepared Subaru in July.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew Jaguar XE SV Project 8 Packs 592 HorsepowerThat makes it the most powerful car in the company's lineup.READ NOW