Watch Ken Block's Now Ex-Teammate Andreas Bakkerud Scare His Mom at Gymkhana Grid
Andreas Bakkerud's mom screams through a ride in his Ford Focus RS RX rallycar at Gymkhana Grid South Africa.
Early last month we broke news that, effective at the end of the 2017 season, that Ford Performance, Ken Block, and the Hoonigan Racing Division would be pulling out of the FIA World Rallycross Championship. Block's team, Hoonigan Racing Division, has another driver, Andreas Bakkerud, and he recently drove his mother around in his Ford Focus RS RX rallycar at Gymkhana Grid South Africa.
If you do not know, Andreas Bakkerud films vlogs called BakkerudLIFE, detailing his life as a rallycross driver. His race team, other rallycross drivers, and his now ex-teammate Ken Block appear in many videos. His vlog series provides a great behind-the-scenes look at not only what it takes to go rallycross racing at the professional level, but the fun before, during, and after events.
This is not the first time he has taken a family member for a ride in his rally car. Last year he took his father, Åge Bakkerud, for a drive at Gymkhana Grid Greece. This time it was mom's turn for the fun.
Andreas Bakkerud states in the video that his mom, Ann-Kristin Bakkerud, who he calls "Momma-rud" has 100 percent control of the financing of his race career and that he wanted a chance to take total control for a change. He says she is a NO person and he is a YES person, and that without her, he would have gone bankrupt long ago.
Bakkerud took her out for multiple runs and there was tons of screaming. She hopped out of the car excited. She mentions the worst part was the launch into the first corner. It is great to see a driver getting to experience the fun of driving with a family member in the car.
Check out Andreas Bakkerud's newest BakkerudLIFE vlog video below for more of his mom's screams.
- RELATEDFord, Ken Block, and Hoonigan Racing Leaving FIA World Rallycross ChampionshipAfter two years, Ford, Ken Block, and Hoonigan end their FIA World Rallycross race program.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Two Time-Attack Subaru WRXs Visit Hoonigan and PlayMarkos Mylonas and Sally McNulty of Snail Performance visit Hoonigan's Donut Garage to play around in their WRXs.READ NOW
- RELATEDKen Block Goes Full Dirt Playground in Pennzoil's 'Terrakhana'The Gymkhana series gets a dusty spin-off.READ NOW
- RELATEDBehind the Scenes of Ken Block and Hoonigan's ClimbkhanaSeven million views, 14,000 feet, 100 turns, one Ken Block. See how they did it.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Grand Theft Auto Climbkhana Remake Is As Satisfying As the OriginalYouTuber Robin Williams puts his own twist on Ken Block's Climbkhana by remaking it in Grand Theft Auto V.READ NOW