Watch John Cena Take Delivery of His New Ford GT
Christmas came early for the WWE star, actor, and car nerd.
It's now common knowledge that wrestler-turned-actor John Cena is a huge car nut, who now has his own Youtube show called Auto Geek where he talks about his growing car collection. The video series isn't merely to flaunt his huge garage of expensive cars–– Cena uses his platform to teach casual viewers about the importance of each vehicle and explain why he bought them.
John Cena announced a new addition to the family in the most recent Auto Geek episode, a 2017 Ford GT in Liquid Blue. We're assuming he picked up the car to fill the garage space left by the departure of his "Lamborgreeni" Gallardo. Mr. Cena gives us an overview of the GT right at the dealership where he picked it up and talks us through it on the way home, a rare treat.
Most people would agree with Cena's opinion that the iconic, exposed buttresses and taillight-mounted air ducts are the best features of the car. He also loves the carbon fiber body that helps the car weigh just 3,000 pounds even with a pro-wrestler in the driver's seat, and the fact that Ford chose to use a 647-horsepower, turbocharged V-6 instead of an American V-8. If John Cena's on board with two less cylinders, we should be too.
The process for obtaining one of Ford's new supercars is quite exclusive, and John Cena is part of a select-few to receive one. To be eligible, customers must have a sizable social media following, must already be a loyal Ford customer, and must promise not to flip the car. As The Auto Geek, Cena meets all of these prerequisites, having owned at least 2 other Fords in the past including a 2006 GT.
Cena's enthusiasm when picking up his new GT is quite contagious, and we're excited to see what he brings home next.
- RELATEDWho Knew John Cena Reviews Supercars Like a Total Pro?Did anyone else know John Cena loves cars?READ NOW
- RELATEDJohn Cena Loves the Gated Manual Transmission in His 2007 Ferrari F430 SpiderWhen he's not in the ring, Cena's nerding out over his supercars.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Chris Harris Drift the Ford GTHow does Ford's flying-buttressed beauty fare sideways on a tight, Scottish circuit?READ NOW
- RELATEDA Virtually New 2006 Ford GT Is Going To AuctionTo be auctioned off by RM Sotheby's, this mint GT comes with its original window sticker and just 60 miles on the odometer.READ NOW
- RELATEDJay Leno's 2017 Ford GT Was Optioned to More Than $500,000That's a whole lotta dough.READ NOW