Toyota Transforms Hilux into Full-Size Remote-Controlled Pickup
We don't grow up, our toys just get bigger.
We all have heard the saying that goes along the lines of, "boys don't grow up, their toys just get more expensive." That saying couldn't be more applicable in a recent video released by Toyota UK, we can see the famous Toyota Hilux Bruiser R/C toy, orginally built by Tamiya, transformed into a life size model. Produced in the 1980s, this iconic R/C car was a fan favorite among many, now it is in full scale and equally awesome.
The car keeps all the same livery you would find on the original toy and Toyota even opted to keep the pin latch hood, massive antenna, on-off switch and plenty of other little quarks that give the truck the distinct look of an R/C car. The build is based off the third generation Toyota Hilux and has the same powertrain, but a different suspension setup. The 163 horsepower pickup isn't exactly a land rocket, but it certainly has a cult following and would more than likely do well in the US with the right engine. In fact, the Toyota Hilux was the number one selling vehicle in Australia during June 2017 with a total of 5,461 sold over the month.
The video got us thinking about other automotive toys we would love to see come to life and I for one would love to see the Tyco Rebound make a comeback. Don't ask me how it would work as that is not my problem. Get cracking boys.
- RELATEDThis Toyota Hilux Project Has a Turbocharged Mazda Miata EngineDriftworks is keeping it simple while simultaneously going bonkers on this quirky project.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Toyota HiLux Tonka Concept You've Always Dreamed AboutIf this doesn't make you want to go play with toy trucks in a sandbox again, you need to rethink your life.READ NOW
- RELATEDBulgaria Has Built the Best Toyota Hilux EverEuropean nutters build an AMG 6X6 competitor. And it works.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord F-150 Police Responder and Police Responder Hybrid Sedan Complete Michigan State Police TestingBoth vehicles are now officially pursuit rated and ready to withstand the grueling demands of patrol.READ NOW
- RELATEDNeed for Speed Payback Car List Revealed, Toyota and Lexus MissingHere are the 74 cars you can drive in the next NFS, none of which come out of Toyota City.READ NOW