Watch These Guys Cosplay As Car Brakes
Except they aren't playing around, they are literally the car's brake system.
There comes a point when it is acceptable to just stop whatever you are doing as it's not going to end well. These guys didn't get that memo. Coming to us from Krasnoyarsk, Russia via a dash cam, it seems these poor fellows have an afternoon or two of wrenching ahead of them to get this car sorted and road ready.
This little vintage wagon, maybe a Volvo 140, pulls out into traffic already looking a little worse for wear. It's sad to see a classic wagon looking so beat up. What seems to be a loose door is revealed to be part of the power assist braking system for the car. By "power assist", we mean that a guy jumps out of the passenger side, runs in front of the car, and helps to stop it.
At that point, especially on a busy city street, a rational person might just pull the car over and call a tow truck. But not these guys. As they get going again, halfway through the intersection, the human brake pad jumps out again. This time, the driver pops out to help drag the car to a stop as it drifts into oncoming traffic.
Again, maybe it's time to just call it a day. But not for these strapping eastern block lads. They hop back in and get ready to do it all over again. Unfortunately, that is where the video ends. We'd love to know if they made it without crashing or getting killed.
At some point, we've all had to nurse a car home when something went wrong. Sometimes, that involves doing some questionable things that we aren't proud of. This orchestrated human braking maneuver just seems like a really bad idea. Kids, don't ever do this. Ever.
- RELATEDWatch This Porsche Driver Brake Check a Fire Truck in PragueLet this be a lesson to not be this guy ever.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Code Brown Dash Cam Moment of the WeekThis is a little too close for comfort.READ NOW
- RELATEDDash Cam Footage Shows Driver Narrowly Escaping a Roadblock Robbery in RussiaHigh on the list of scary situations for a driver to encounter.READ NOW
- RELATEDDash Cam Video Captures Commuter Train Ramming FedEx TruckSomehow, no one was seriously injured.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Ambulance Almost Flip After Getting T-Boned at an Intersection in RussiaThe question is, who's at fault here?READ NOW