Check Out This Custom Kawasaki Ninja 900R-Powered Trike
This thing looks like a true terror...in a good way.
If you drop a Kawasaki Ninja 900R engine in just about anything under 2,000 pounds you are an absolute maniac. If you drop a Kawasaki Ninja900R engine in something weighing 730 pounds, you should be committed. Well Adam from AMT Machine Shop in Vancouver, British Columbia did just that with his custom three wheeler-car-trike-kart-thing. The pound to horsepower ratio is just 5 lb/hp, significantly lower than the Dodge Challenger Hellcat's 6.29 lb/hp.
The impressive creation started life as essentially just a Ninja 900R powertrain and Adam built a completely custom cage around it. He transformed the aspects of the 900R into more of a car feel. The contraption has a working clutch (only needed for downshift and launch), steering, turn signals, headlights, and everything else you need to make it a legal vehicle. However, this trike is far from normal, the car pulls for days and revs all the way up to 12,000 RPM. In all intensive purposes, the car feels and sounds like an open frame race car. As you can see in this Roads Untraveled video, the AMT3 (name of vehicle) handles beautifully for a custom build and really gives the driver a feel of immersion with the road around him. The AMT3 utilizes custom coilover suspension, custom control arms, and various parts from other small sports cars.
Unfortunately, this vehicle is a one-off and we will most likely not see another version in the near future.
- RELATEDKawasaki PR Manager the Latest Casualty of Political UpsetA Celebrity Apprentice appearance leads to ire on both sides of the political spectrum, a PR guy out the door, and Kawasaki in the middle.READ NOW
- RELATEDKawasaki H2 vs. Lamborghini Huracán vs. McLaren MP4-12CNovelty Ninja runs exotics in a good ol’ fashion superbike-supercar drag race.READ NOW
- RELATEDMilwaukee Local News May Have Accidentally Unveiled the New Kawasaki Ninja 400This lightweight bike would be in a sweet spot between the 300 and the 650.READ NOW
- RELATEDAriel Mulling a Hybrid Atom with NSX-Inspired Honda PowerGas-electric power could make the lightweight sports car even more ridiculous.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet Debuts Technology-Rich Tahoe Custom EditionThe special-edition Tahoe will start at $44,995.READ NOW