Volkswagen Releases New Teaser for T-Roc Crossover
This is our best look yet at what is sure to be a hit in the U.S.
The Volkswagen Nederland (Netherlands) YouTube channel just dropped the most revealing teaser yet of the upcoming T-Roc compact crossover. VW's crossover/SUV lineup was in desperate need of revamping and the automaker is currently in the middle of making all the right moves between dropping the Touareg, nailing it with the Atlas, and now coming out with the T-Roc later this month.
The T-Roc will be Volkswagen’s smallest crossover slotting below the Tiguan which is new and improved (and bigger) for the 2018 model year. While the Tiguan and Atlas look pretty similar, but in different sizes, it looks like the T-Roc will have a more edgy design while still looking like a Volkswagen.
The new teaser is only 22-seconds long and doesn’t give us a good look at the whole T-Roc, but we see clear shots of sections of the uncamouflaged vehicle and even get a glimpse of the interior. The most distinct feature about the interior is panels color-coordinated with the exterior color like a Fiat. This implies it will be marketed towards a younger audience like many of the new little crossovers it’s competing with.
Volkswagen will fully unveil the production T-Roc on August 23. It’s expected to arrive in European showrooms first and come to North America at a later date. With the right marketing, this thing could print money in the U.S. and easily outsell Volkswagen’s compact cars. Volkswagen has quickly gone from one of the least competitive crossover brands to one of the strongest.
- RELATEDVolkswagen Planning to Bring T-Roc Compact Crossover to AmericaDetails are still fuzzy regarding production locations, but VW states it will sell a compact crossover slated below the Tiguan in the U.S.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolkswagen Teases New T-Roc Compact SUVVolkswagen shows off a video of its T-Roc SUV ahead of its projected Frankfurt Auto Show debut.READ NOW
- RELATEDDefending the Indefensible CrossoverWhy the most popular cars in America actually make a lot of sense.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Volkswagen Tiguan Review: 7 Things to KnowVW's small SUV gets an America-centric redo from stem to stern.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2018 Volkswagen Atlas Finally Solves VW's America ProblemThe Chattanooga Choo-Choo is the biggest, brawniest VW in the company's 80-year history.READ NOW