575-HP Jaguar XJR575 Debuts With an Interview at 186-MPH
The interview only lasts 44 seconds, the time it takes the XJR575 to reach its top speed and stop.
The fastest Jaguar XJ just got even faster—the new XJR575 is the latest version of Jaguar's flagship. The "575" in the name denotes the 575 horsepower that the car's 5.0-liter supercharged V-8 now generates, up from 550 in the previous version. This enables the big car to accelerate from 0-60 in just 4.2 seconds and reach its top speed of 186 miles per hour.
To prove it, Jaguar had racer and television presenter Amanda Stretton hop in the back of an XJR575 with Wayne Burgess, Jaguar's Production Studio Director and SVO Projects, to conduct an interview about the car. The interview only lasted as long as it took the car to accelerate to its 186 miles per hour top speed, which occurred in 44 seconds. Stretton still manages to get quite a bit of information from Burgess during the car's top speed run.
That the interview can even occur at 186 miles per hour speaks volumes about the Jag's refinement and sound insulation. We're not sure if this is the fastest interview ever, but it has to be up there, both in speed and in how long it lasts. It's no surprise that at the end of the interview, all Burgess wants to do is go around again.
The XJR575 will only be available in two colors, Velocity Blue and the Satin Corris Grey featured on this car. Additional styling cues, such as a rear spoiler, side sills, and revised front bumper, give the XJR575 a subtle but more sporting appearance, as do the black 20-inch wheels. Pricing and availability for the XJR575 have not yet been announced.
- RELATED2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR Convertible Shows Its ClawsCoupe or convertible, the range-topping F-Type SVR is one of history's fastest Jaguars.READ NOW
- RELATEDJaguar Says 'Do a Barrel Roll' at E-Pace RevealThe literal publicity stunt sets a new Guinness World Record distance of 15.3 meters.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the 592-HP Jaguar XE SV Project 8 Tear Up GoodwoodBrutal acceleration, sound, and looks alike from this monstrous Jag sedan.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Jaguar E-Pace Get Tested in Extreme EnvironmentsJag is putting the E-Pace through the rough.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 1960 Jaguar XK150 S Roadster: Power Is Not a New Invention269 horsepower is plenty to terrify and charm the English countryside.READ NOW