Alleged Intoxicated Driver Takes Corvette For Wrong-Way Adventure
Ohio Highway Patrol were forced to make contact with the Corvette to stop it.
Impaired driving is one of the most foolish and selfish acts one can do. There should be absolutely no room for leniency as a vehicle can be classified as a deadly weapon when not used properly. In this terrifying footage, we see Ohio State Highway Patrol pursuing a red Chevrolet Corvette as it travels northbound on southbound Interstate 77.
According to police, the pursuit was initiated on Interstate 77, in the city of Canton. Eventually troopers were able to get the Corvette so stop when they used a cruiser to wedge the vehicle against the jersey barrier. As you can see, the driver is visibly impaired and in no condition to drive.
The driver was transported to an area hospital for minor injuries, but was still charged with OVI or operating a vehicle while impaired. According to troopers, the driver had alcohol in his system at the time of the incident.
- RELATEDCorvette Racing Is Getting The Job Done In the Pits At Lime Rock ParkRaces are often won or lost in the pits, but at Lime Rock Park, it's even more important to be perfect.READ NOW
- RELATEDGuatemalan Civil National Police Now Have a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Patrol CarYes, a police car that hits 60 mph in 3.9 seconds.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs This the 2018 Chevy Corvette ZR1 Going for a Nurburgring Lap Record?Video footage shows the lightly disguised test car finally getting off some clean laps on the track.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Stick-Shift Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Lap the Nurburgring in 7:13.9Crazier yet—it wasn't even an official GM test.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Sing a Glorious Song on the NurburgringIs this what the rumored LT5 engine sounds like?READ NOW