Driver Mistakes Accelerator For Brake, Plummets Off Retaining Wall
Hey pal, you may want to retake your driver's test.
Differentiating the brake versus the acceleration can be a tricky thing if you are overwhelmed. Actually, scratch that, there really is no excuse for you not to know where the brake and the accelerator are. Anyways, the video below shows an SUV plummeting off an approximately six foot wall into a parking lot below because of a little "brake vs. accelerator."
According to reports, no injuries were sustained during this accident, just damaged property and a bruised ego. That being said, accidents like this make you wonder why people don't have to recertify their license every few years. If someone is truly able to mistake the gas and the brake, they have no business behind the wheel.
As an EMT, I have been on countless call where similar occurrences happen and the driver willing ceases driving. Between driving into walls, garage doors, or even your significant other, the whole "brake vs. accelerator" excuse is really getting old.
- RELATEDNew Video Mysteriously Hits Web Showing 2013 Asiana 214 Plane Crash from Control TowerThe footage shows the whole incident—both the crash and the emergency response.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Model S Rated 'Acceptable' in IIHS Crash Test, Tesla Lashes BackTesla say the IIHS has "motivation that suits their own subjective purposes."READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a NASCAR Crash at Goodwood Festival of SpeedIncoming jokes about NASCARs only being able to turn left.READ NOW
- RELATED$188,600 McLaren 570S Crashes into House in EnglandThe only thing seriously injured was the owner's pocketbook. And this McLaren.READ NOW
- RELATEDBus Crash Likely Kills 18 Tourists in GermanyDozens more escaped a fire that quickly consumed the tourist bus after a collision with a truck.READ NOW