Watch This Shanghai Taxi Driver Pass 50 Cars in Under 2 Minutes
This guy pretty much overtook as many people as the #2 Porsche 919 Hybrid did at Le Mans.
This is something that could never happen in New York City. In this video, you'll see a Chinese taxi driver weave through heavy traffic in the metropolis of Shanghai, making 50 passes in under two minutes. While it may not be as innovative as an Uber or Lyft, this guy is making a case for his ability—or insanity—when it comes to piloting the congested highways of China's biggest cities.
According to a report from Shanghaiist, this clip was filmed by a Japanese tourist. It goes without saying that she was more than concerned at the end of this thrill-ride. The taxi left from the Pudong International Airport and went on its way, whizzing in and out of the four-lane road and merging onto highways without skipping a beat.
Sadly, the camera never pans down to the speedometer. We imagine that this shuttle was going over triple digits, an impressive and probably dangerous feat with a passenger and luggage in tow. Regardless of how fast he was going, it makes for one of the more entertaining videos that you'll see today.
- RELATEDNew York's Yellow Taxis Score New Apps to Help Fight Uber, LyftCurb and Via now let riders hail New York City taxis.READ NOW
- RELATEDRussian Dash Cam Video Shows Helicopter Buzzing HighwayDangerously close would be an understatement.READ NOW
- RELATEDDash Cam Captures Airplane Crash in Front of Traffic in Washington StateIncredibly, no one was seriously injured.READ NOW
- RELATEDLightning Bolt Nearly Hits Traffic in China, Showers Sparks Onto CarsNo sane person wants to be around when lightning strikes.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Lamborghini Diablo Hit the Skid Pad a Little Too HardJust a tap of the throttle is all it takes to get the V-12 bull sideways...and then some.READ NOW