Video Shows Indian Police Hitting Motorcyclist Riders and Fleeing Scene
The crash caused two motorcycle riders to fall to the ground.
A YouTube video shows Indian police leaving the scene of a crash that caused two brothers on a motorcycle to fall off their bike leaving them with broken bones and severe head injuries, according to Rush Lane.
The entire incident, which occurred in late March, was recorded on a nearby security camera. The two men, Aditya Singh Chauha, 26, and Anoop Singh Chauhan, 24, on a Royal Enfield motorcycle can be seen making a gentle right turn into traffic, only to collide with the Toyota Innova police van head on as it speeds down the oncoming lane (India drives on the left side of the road). The van stops, then leaves the scene rather than attending to the victims. Local residents can be seen emerging from their homes to help the victims.
Following the incident, Rush Lane reported that the two brothers were hospitalized in serious conditioned, presumably from not wearing helmets. The police have taken this incident involving their own people quite seriously. Both the driver and passenger of the police van have been cited for "rash driving" and "causing hurt," and have been recommended to be suspended from duty. It's unclear if the riders have recovered from their injuries.
From the one camera angle and the lack of sound on the security camera, it is unclear whether the police van was running with lights and sirens, or whether the motorcycle riders were failing to yield to an emergency vehicle, playing a part in causing the crash. But the top priority for any police vehicle running code three is public safety. While driving up the wrong side of the road is okay to pass traffic, they should have allowed enough of a safety margin to avoid traffic turning from the side road as the motorcycle did. And under no circumstances should anyone ever leave the scene of a crash—especially the police.
- RELATEDTeens Allegedly Steal LAPD Police Cars for Entire Day, Then Crash During ChasePolice are still determining what the teens did throughout the course of the day.READ NOW
- RELATED3 Occupants Ejected from Car in Horrific Crash Miraculously SurviveThis should serve as another reminder to always wear your seatbelt.READ NOW
- RELATEDWill the Porsche 911 Turbo Replace the Ford Mustang as the King of Car Meet Crashes?A new video of a Turbo losing its cool makes us wonder.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Russian Cat Have a Grand Old Time at a Car Crash SceneNothing gets this kitty going like a messy car accident, apparently.READ NOW
- RELATEDBlimp Catches Fire, Crashes at U.S. Open Golf TournamentThe pilot rode the blimp to the ground, but is expected to be all right.READ NOW