Watch James Glickenhaus's SCG 003C Blitz the Nurburgring in 6:33
That's almost faster than you can say "Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus."
Nurburgring lap records have been changing hands lately more than your nephew's fidget spinner. Manufacturers like Porsche and Lamborghini have been vowing for the production car title in recent years and creating plenty of headlines in the process—but Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus could have them beat with the SCG 003C.
Given the fact that the 003C isn't a production car, many will fuss about that statement—but hear me out. Jim Glickenhaus's brainchild just lapped the Nurburgring in 6:33 with only 500 horsepower compared to the Huracan Performante's 631 and the 918 Spyder's 887 ponies, all thanks to chassis and suspension tuning.
The GT3-spec racer suffers a 250-horsepower deficit when compared to its road-going SCG 003S companion, but despite the massive gap in engine output, it still performs like a champ. SCG is yet to claim an official 'Ring laptime yet for the road-going version, but expect it to rank in eerily close to that of the full-bore race car. Glickenhaus claims that it could perform a 6:30—on street tires. Ambitious? Certainly. Possible? Perhaps.
If the SCG 003S breaks the production car lap record, the big boys from Stuttgart and Sant'Agata Bolognese may not be so happy. Either way, we're anxious to see the car make a run at it,
Until then, watch and listen as the Competizione runs the Green Hell with more poise than even the most advanced road cars can muster.
- RELATEDClimb Inside Jim Glickenhaus's SCG 003 for a Nurburgring Hot LapAnd enjoy the ride, 'cause you'll never come close to matching it in real life.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the SCG 003 Competizione on Track at MonzaJim Glickenhaus' project takes to the circuit for a shakedown.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Subaru WRX STI Type RA Race Car Blast Around the Nurburgring in the WetSeems kind of like a waste of gas.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Nurburgring Emergency Services Leap into Action After a Terrible CrashThese fine men and women are highly trained to keep you safe and to keep the Nurburgring alive (pun intended).READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Caterham 485 S Chase a BMW M3 Around the NurburgringNothing like flying around "The Ring" in an open cabin sports car.READ NOW