3 Occupants Ejected from Car in Horrific Crash Miraculously Survive
This should serve as another reminder to always wear your seatbelt.
I feel like a broken record saying this, but please, wear your seatbelt. There is zero justifiable reason not to wear your seatbelt, unless you are an ice road trucker. They save your life by ensuring you stay inside the steel cage that is designed to protect you in the event of a crash. Still, the CDC claims one in seven people don't wear one, for reasons I don't understand.
People can argue all they want that a seatbelt inhibits them from moving around the cabin to avoid crush points or compartment intrusion. I will remind them that the likelihood they have the reflexes and wherewithal to do so is so extremely slim that they are always better off wearing a seatbelt. Still, countless people opt not to wear it because they feel it isn't cool or comfortable...yup, I've heard both excuses. Whatever your excuse may be, I am going to disagree with your decision.
If you watch the video below, you'll see why. In the clip, several occupants are ejected from a vehicle when it comes in contact with a median. One party is ejected approximately 40 yards, flying across several lanes of traffic and right in front of a semi-truck. Fortunately, the truck was able to stop in time and the person did not become a pancake.
According to reports, all occupants (well, former occupants) lived, but that does not make this issue any less serious. Even if some people miraculously survive an ejection from a vehicle, they can suffer other complications, like prolonged internal bleeding, swelling of the organs or brain, and dozens of other trauma-related conditions that could lead to death several days later.
If you aren't convinced to wear a seatbelt by this video, go to YouTube and type in "crash ejection." You'll be greeted with plenty of reality checks. Or, if you're too lazy for that (hey, if you're not wearing a seatbelt, you might be), just watch this second video, instead.
- RELATEDHere's Richard Hammond On His Hospital Bed 'Not Dead,' Post-CrashThe Hamster is certifiably 'not dead,' 'mostly ok,' and swigging gin.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Russian Cat Have a Grand Old Time at a Car Crash SceneNothing gets this kitty going like a messy car accident, apparently.READ NOW
- RELATEDFaulty Seat Belt Mechanism Prompts Recall of 680,000 Ford VehiclesPretensioner malfunction already responsible for two injuries.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew Footage of Fatal 2015 NISMO GT-R Nurburgring Crash ReleasedThis shocking crash at the 'Ring is a grim reminder of why regulations were changed to protect fans.READ NOW
- RELATEDBachelor Chris Soules Allegedly Kills Farmer in Fatal Hit and RunSoules allegedly fled the scene and alcoholic beverage containers were found in his Chevy Silverado.READ NOW