This Bugatti Chiron's Hill Climb is Pure Turbo Spool
Listen to this Chiron make tons of turbo noises while attacking a hill climb race.
What do you imagine something with sixteen cylinders would sound like ripping around a track? Probably fantastic. But now, take that same sound and add not two but four turbochargers to the mix. I bet it's beginning to sound a lot like music to your ears.
After Bugatti dethroned the Veyron as the king of its luxury offerings, it birthed the Chiron. Offering 300 extra ponies over the Veyron while still retaining a similar powerplant configuration, the huge 16-cylinder engine makes a whopping 1500 horsepower and 1180 lb-ft of torque. No surprise of those numbers, considering Bugatti's history of pumping out high-output production cars.
The turbos on the Chiron are very, very loud. Coupled with the roar that only the 8-liters of displacement can create and the exhaust note of Volkswagen's beloved "W" configuration, this Bugatti is a car lover's dream. One of the most interesting feats that Bugatti managed to accomplish with the Chiron is the nearly lag-less turbocharging system. This was achieved by implementing a dual-stage forced induction platform where two pairs of turbochargers are used. Only two turbos are used before 3,800 RPM. Once the Chiron's motor spins above that number, a valve opens in the exhaust manifold and allows exhaust gasses to spin the two remaining snails. The result is a flat torque curve between 2,000 and its redline of 6,800 RPM. Make no mistake, this car is properly quick.
But enough talk - let's listen. Watch the video below to see the Chiron attack a hill and make all sorts of loud, crazy noises.
- RELATEDNational Geographic Reveals How the Bugatti Chiron is BuiltGo behind the scenes and see all the bonkers design work and engineering that has to happen to make the fastest production car in the world.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Chris Harris Wax Poetic About the Bugatti ChironDo you really need an excuse to press play?READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Bugatti Chiron: A Randomized Hyper-Review of the 1,500-HP, $3 Million HypercarAccording to everyone else, the Bugatti Chiron is really quite fast.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Bugatti Chiron Do 200 MPH In 16 SecondsIt will hit 200 before some sports cars can even do a standing quarter mile.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch The First Review of The Bugatti ChironWith 1500 horsepower and more than 1100 lb-ft of torque, this is one monster that you have to see and hear to believe.READ NOW