Watch This BMW 5 Series Get Busted While Drifting a Roundabout
The only awards given out while street drifting are traffic citations.
Daniel had just left work one early Sunday morning after working an overnight shift. It was a wet morning and he was driving his 1992 BMW 520i around his quiet neighborhood streets when he came across a roundabout. What does any young car-crazed person do while in a rear-wheel-drive car in this circumstance? Well, if you're Daniel, you drift away.
The Drive spoke with him after the incident, and he gave us a rundown of the events.
He ripped through second gear while maintaining a drift around the circle. The E34 equipped with an open differential one-wheel-peeled around until it came time to exit and continue on its journey. Daniel signaled his left turn and exited...only to be immediately lit up by a police officer, who was just entering the roundabout himself.
"I pulled over for the police, they were good guys," Daniel said, "just [breathalyzed] me and told me to stop driving like a dick." Proper words from the officer, as this was something which could have resulted in an accident. The thought didn't phase Daniel, as he wasn't worried about damaging his car or his pride in the roundabout should an accident have occurred. He felt confident that since there were no other drivers nearby, he was safe from harming others.
Daniel has since acknowledge that his feat was dangerous, and says he now avoids doing such activities on public roads. Today, Daniel regularly tracks his E36 3 Series, as well as his K20-swapped Acura Integra.
- RELATEDWatch The Upcoming All-Wheel-Drive 2018 BMW M5 Go DriftingAccording to BMW, the M5's 600 horsepower can go to all four wheels or just the rears.READ NOW
- RELATEDGoodwood Festival of Speed Introducing First-Ever Drift CompetitionThings are gonna get smokey and sideways on the festival's famous hill climb.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This 820-HP BMW M2 Drift Like MadAnd yes, it has an LS.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Ryan Tuerck Drift His Ferrari-Powered Toyota 86 Around Formula Drift OrlandoListen to the sweet sound of screaming Ferrari V-8 as Tuerck shreds all tires.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Handicapped Hoonigan Rob Parsons Drift a Nissan R32 SkylineNo hand controls? Just duct tape your foot to the gas and hold on tight.READ NOW