Watch This 750-HP Porsche 911 Turbo S Blast from 0 to 150 MPH in 12 Seconds
You can spare the time.
If you set out to make a list of cars that need extra power...the Porsche 911 Turbo S likely wouldn't be anywhere on that list. Whether it's packing the 560 horsepower found in the recently-departed 991.1 form or the 580 ponies found beneath the rear-mounted hood of the newest version, the late-model 911 Turbo S is capable of laying down acceleration times that humble nearly every other production car on the planet.
But want and need are two very different things. And since there are plenty of people who want more power for their turbocharged Porsche 911 supercars...the aftermarket is more than happy to pull extra ponies from the twin-snail boxer six.
In the case of the Porsche in the AutoTopNL YouTube video below, that extra power reportedly comes courtesy of PP Performance, a German-based tuning shop. According to the video, this 911 Turbo S has been dialed up to 750 horsepower—a little less than 200 hp more than the stock pre-facelift 991-gen Turbo. Which, as it turns out, is enough to punt it from a dead stop to roughly 150 miles per hour in just 12 seconds.
Obviously, that's not a scientifically-tested number; we're ballparking that based on the 911's digital speedometer, which irritatingly doesn't update nearly fast enough to keep pace with the car's acceleration. But given the fact that it ticks over to 239 kph (148 mph) at 11.9 seconds and 243 kph (151 mph) at 12.2, we feel comfortable stating it hit 150 miles per hour close enough to the 12-second mark for us.
Oh, and for comparison, Car and Driver tested a stock 560-hp 911 Turbo S back in 2014. That car's 0-150 mph run? 16.5 seconds.
- RELATED2018 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS Test Drive: Not Just Another Package DealTake a Carrera S, add all the performance options and a few extras, and you wind up with road car magic.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Irish Green Porsche 911 Is the One Millionth 911 Ever MadeGermany's iconic sports car hits an even more iconic milestone.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhen a Porsche 911 Turbo S Races a French Military Helicopter, Who Wins?Well, besides the people lucky enough to be piloting a Porsche 911 Turbo S and a military helicopter.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Porsche 911 Turbo S Is the Powered Exoskeleton Drivers Need NowThe “Iron Man Suit” sports car gets even more heroic for 2017.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche 911 GT3 RS Vs. 911 Turbo S at Anglesey Circuit—Which Comes Out Ahead?Which Porsche is fastest around a track, turbocharged and AWD or naturally aspirated and RWD?READ NOW