Watch a Range Rover Flip Over During a Sad J-Turn Attempt
Maybe don't try high-speed, evasive maneuvers in reverse in your top-heavy SUV.
Attempting evasive maneuvers in top-heavy SUVs usually isn't a great idea. In fact, as we've seen with the famous Jeep Grand Cherokee moose test, those moves can sometimes end in nearly flipping the SUVs over, or other times, actually sending the vehicle on its top or side. In a clip shared on the internet this week, a last-generation Range Rover can be seen strolling down a suburban street calmly, but when it reentered the shot, it came in extremely hot, leading to an incredibly embarrassing driveway rollover.
From the looks of things, the driver was attempting a high-speed j-turn in the luxury SUV. The second time the car comes into the shot, it shoots in backward at speed, but once the turn begins to be executed, the weight shifts and the car looses it.
Even more spectacularly, it appears an aftermarket subwoofer flew out of the car when the roof hit the asphalt.
It's unclear if anyone was injured in the crash.
- RELATEDWatch This 1,200-HP Honda S600 Run a 7.9 Second Quarter Mile1200HP and 1100kg curb weight is a recipe for serious speed.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch The Ugliest Ferrari F1 Car Buzz Around TrackThe 312 B3 "Spazzaneve" was unquestionably the most questionable design of the era.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Team O'Neil Explain Rally Pace NotesEver wondered what all that gobbledygook coming from the rally co-driver means? Team O'Neil is here to explain.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Porsche 911 Driver Narrowly Escape a CarjackingA dented fender is a small price to pay for saving your Porsche... and possibly your life.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a New Jersey Beach Swallow a Land Rover LR4This is why you don't park in the ocean.READ NOW