Watch This 820-HP BMW M2 Drift Like Mad
And yes, it has an LS.
It's amazing what can happen when you throw a ton of power at a light, rear-wheel-drive coupe. Tires break traction, the car gets sideways, and the driver has to manage to keep the machine somewhat in line. It's like art.
In this video below, uploaded to YouTube on May 2, we see a highly modified BMW M2 with a professional driver inside getting very sideways. Aside from taking on more horsepower, the car also appears to have some other mods as well. Just look at that wide front-wheel angle mid-slide and you'll see what we're talking about.
According to Carscoops, this M2 is powered by an 820-horsepower LS V-8 motor that puts its power through a five-speed sequential transmission. Also, apparently much of that green bodywork is kevlar-built, which to us just sounds so sick. Apparently, when combined, all of those components allow for a seriously impressive BMW drift car.
- RELATEDBMW's Supra-Based Roadster Won't Be Called the Z5"That’s something that someone else has made up," said former BMW USA head Ludwig Willisch.READ NOW
- RELATEDM3-Engined BMW M2 GTS Is Coming, Rumors SayThe track day-ready coupe will reportedly debut in March 2019.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe BMW M2 Is All the Sports Car We Need—and Maybe a Little MoreIt's everything you could hope from an entry-level BMW M car—and that might be its only flaw.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the 2,500-HP M2K Motorsports Ford GT Hit 294 MPH At the Texas MileBreaking hearts and records at 38 percent of the speed of sound.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a BMW M235i Race Car Driver Go Crazy After Nurburgring CrashThis VLN driver was having none of it.READ NOW