Play It Forward
Apple CarPlay and Volvo’s Sensus Connect make your iPhone just a button away.
Volvo’s Sensus Connect Touchscreen sets a new benchmark for what drivers should expect from a car’s infotainment system. The patented four-tile home screen is a result of extensive research that delivers an easy, enjoyable experience that reduces distraction. Every function in the car is a swipe or tap away, with plenty of room to expand with new applications in the future.
• The 9-inch infrared touchscreen provides the responsiveness of a tablet with the flexibility to be used with your finger and even gloves. Many functions are also available via voice command or the steering wheel’s thumb controls.
• Navigation, audio, and phone controls are fixed in the top three tiles, while the fourth tile is reserved for a selection of in-car applications such as Spotify, Pandora, Yelp, and others available in the in-car Volvo app store.
• Apple CarPlay (and soon Android Auto) run in the Sensus Connect Touchscreen’s fourth tile, providing one of the most integrated phone experiences available today. It is the only system to allow use of other vehicle functions while CarPlay is engaged.
• Can’t live without Siri? A double tap on the steering wheel switch will bring it to life, and you’ll be able to send messages, search the Internet, or change music using only your voice.
- RELATEDBattle the Elements with the S90Volvos can be found everywhere from the snowy plains of northern Sweden to the hot stretches of South Africa. That means the S90 must handle all types of climates and conditions. Here are five S90 features that help you withstand any weather.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Volvo S90: Where Safety Meets Your SmartphoneChecking your phone while driving is dangerous, but with Apple CarPlay the Volvo S90 keeps you safely connected.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow Craftsmanship Defines the Volvo S90In an era where almost everything is made by machines, Matt Bean shows us how subtle nods to craftmanship, from wooden finishes to a stylish touch screen display, give the new Volvo S90 a human touch.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Concert Hall in Your Driver's SeatToday more than ever, music is a huge part of our lives. So when Volvo began work on the S90 they knew they had to make the sound system a priority. That's why they partnered with high-end audio maker Bowers and Wilkins to create a system unlike any other.READ NOW